Less than 2 weeks!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It seems so unreal that in just 11 days I'll be leaving for disney. My Mom and I are making the near 20 hour drive down from Michigan, breaking it up into 2 days so it's bearable. I started packing about a week or so ago and it's been really tough to determine what to bring and what should stay home. My car is tiny so I don't have a ton of space, but it's still better than flying. The best advice I can give to anyone flying is bring the absolute essentials! You don't need to bring your entire wardrobe, or your whole DVD collection. If you can afford to leave your bedding at home and buy some there it will definitely help! Also consider how bringing toiletries/beauty products can really add up. I started packing up lotions, hair products, etc. and these little things really added up in space. You can always pack things up in boxes to have a family membership to you once you are in your apartment. Space saver bags will be your new best friend when it comes to packing.

For those of you that are driving though, I have uploaded a more generalized version of my packing list if you are interested here (excel speadsheet). I added a few things to it I will probably buy once I get down there, but it might help somebody else in their packing process.

I've gotten a few tips from CP alumni about things you may want to consider getting for the apartment. For example, the mugs they provide are those really dinky so you may want to bring/invest in some larger mugs if you are like me and drink a lot. Also, i've heard the can opener is not the greatest one in the world, and they provide you with just a few pots and pans so if you are really into cooking, that's something to consider. Some people ended up buying more trashcans, because the one they provide is small or they want one in their bedroom.

I hope this helps some people out with their packing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment