no news is better than bad news

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Today is day 17 since my phone interview and I'm still playing the waiting game! I have become best friends with the 'refresh' button on my email waiting for that glorious purple email to arrive. Earlier this week people started receiving pending letters via both email and snail mail. A note to those who plan on applying in the future- everyone makes the pending letters out to be a horrible thing. Some have said it's like a delayed rejection, but the truth of the matter is it's better than getting flat out rejected, yes? I've talked to some alumni of the program who received pending letters and were eventually accepted. Yes, it sucks you have to wait a little longer to hear your disney fate, but I wouldn't give up hope.
While the pending letters were testing on my nerves, yesterday I logged on to the facebook group to see people have begun getting rejection letters now! To make matters worse it's a holiday weekend so I doubt anybody will hear anything on Monday. I don't quite understand why they are sending out pendings and rejections first but I really hope we start seeing acceptance letters this week. The spring 2011 hopefuls group could use some good news- the rejections have made most of us a little anxious and unnerved. I've been trying to stay confident and think 'disney thoughts' to keep me from going insane.

Hopefully another update later this week with good news, fingers crossed! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WHO HAS APPLIED!

0 comments:

Post a Comment